Silence
It is not that I have nothing to say to you, but rather, that those things cannot be said.
I don't know why you want me to talk. I have never talked. I have never talked because you have never listened. You've heard but you have never listened.
Now you want me to explain, to tell you the truth, but it will hurt you far too much and I'd rather you not now.
Yes, I can try to pretend and try to say empty words that I don't mean. But there is no point in me deceiving you, and I've never been a good actor anyway when it came to how I feel.
So I keep quiet. I just keep quiet...
I don't know why you want me to talk. I have never talked. I have never talked because you have never listened. You've heard but you have never listened.
Now you want me to explain, to tell you the truth, but it will hurt you far too much and I'd rather you not now.
Yes, I can try to pretend and try to say empty words that I don't mean. But there is no point in me deceiving you, and I've never been a good actor anyway when it came to how I feel.
So I keep quiet. I just keep quiet...
Comments